50 States’ and D.C.’s Workers’ Compensation Agencies

The North Carolina Industrial Commission maintains an updated directory of links and addresses for workers’ compensation agencies, including worker compensation courts, and vocational rehabilitation, administrative hearings, oversight and appeals boards. In addition to the detailed listings for the U.S. Department of Labor and all 50 states, there are links to other regions: American Samoa, Guam, Navajo Nation, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.


6 thoughts on “50 States’ and D.C.’s Workers’ Compensation Agencies

  1. To Whom it May Concern:

    I came across this site and think that it a very good source of information. I would like to tell you a little bit about our organization and what we are all about. We are based in Syracuse, NY and represent injured federal employees worldwide. We specialize with the Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA) and have experience with, but offer limited services, with the Longshore and Harbor Workers Act. We offer a free consultation for any federal employee that is injured.

    We offer 15 years of experience in the Federal Sector which includes employment/labor issues as well. Our staff offers the unique experience of being former federal employees so we know what you are up against. Federal Workers Compensation is much different than its State counterpart and we offer clients the confidence that their cases are in the right hands.

    I hope that you think that our services are a good fit with your client base and we would like to add our link to our link to your site. Our URL is http://www.advfedsol.com

    THank you very much for your valuable time and consideration in this matter.


    Joseph Shanley, President
    Advantage Federal Solutions

  2. To whom it may concern,

    We are a law firm based in Texas dealing with workers compensation litigation and resolution nationwide. We feel your visitors could benefit from our service. We represent injured clients all over the world and have an outstanding reputation. We are easy to talk with and we don’t believe there are any “dumb questions.” There is no charge for the initial consultation and no charge for follow-up questions from prospective clients.

    We also specialize in cases dealing with the Jones Act , Maritime & Admiralty Law. There is quite a bit of confusion as to who is covered by the Jones Act, General Maritime Law, Admiralty Law, the Longshore Harborworkers Act and by Workers Compensation. Many workers are surprised to learn that they are covered by the Jones Act when they attempt to file a workers compensation or longshore claim. The first thing that you need to know is that it is good news if you find you are covered by the Jones Act. Settlements under the Jones Act are usually much higher than other types of on the job injury settlements. However, weekly checks are much lower than Jones Act. The Ogletree Abbott Law Firm is able in most cases to help injured offshore and maritime workers with pre-settlement loans at no interest.

    Settlements in Jones Act cases can be significant but the law is complex. On the other hand, it is not that difficult for someone with a Jones Act claim to get maintenance and cure and a small settlement. However, if you want the best medical treatment instead of a company doctor and if you want a fair settlement that can actually give you and your family a good life, you need to talk to one of our lawyers.

    If you feel your visitor base could benefit from our resources please feel free to add our links to your page. The URL for nationwide workers compensation http://www.complawyers.net . With the description “Nationwide workers compensation legal resources.”. The URL for Jones Act and Maritime Law is http://www.1800jonesact.com. With the description “Legal resource for the Jones Act and Maritime Law.” Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

    Monte Peace
    Ogletree and Abbott

  3. The only workers who may come under federal workers’ compensation laws are those workers covered under the longshore and harbor workers’ act. All other workers in this country are covered under the state law in the state within which they reside. In your daughter’s case, if she was not covered by the employer, then she should be able to collect under the state laws as they pertain to “SDI” which is state disability insurance. It may go under a different name in your state. Additionally, the “SDI” insurance is commonly regulated by your state’s Labor commission and/or your state’s Employment Development Department.

  4. Do you know where I can find out if there are any Federal Laws that govern or could be found as ‘precedent’ for Worker’s Comp cases? My daughter was injured (permanent injuries) while working at a horse breeding ranch in Wisconsin. They had no worker’s comp because farms are exempt if they meet certain criteria (which is being questioned if they qualified) so my daughter is out of luck for any kind of financial help. Whenever I search under ‘Federal’ I just get hits for Federal workers. I love your newsletter emails. I can’t believe how ambitious you must be and you seem so knowledgeable. Other than paying for LexusNexus, I don’t know where else to turn. My daughter has an attorney but because she is an adult I can’t discuss much with him about her case so have been doing my own research. Can you help steer me in the right direction? Please?

    Thank you. Keep up the good work!
    Janet Ross-Pilla

Leave a Reply